Saturday, September 26, 2009

Pie Contest.



I am so cheesy. I got tricked by my own husband into representing our entire church in a city-wide pie baking contest. I have worked so incredibly hard trying to prepare for this. On Thursday I attempted pie crust 4 times before I ended up just patching it together. And I accidentally used all brown sugar in the filling, which made it so so rich. Too rich. And if you know me at all, you'll know that NOTHING is too rich for me. But yesterday I experienced divine intervention regarding the preparation of my crust. It was perfect the very first time. Rolled all the way out, stayed in one piece with no weird patching. I am very optimistic. And the pie itself is pretty awesome. It's a plain old apple pie, right? Only way crazier. On top of it you put down this layer of sugary sweetness that tastes a little praline-y. And then it gets all crunchy. Then you put on some toasted pecans. THEN (here's the doozy), you top the whole party with half a jar of caramel ice cream topping. It's a little fantastic looking. Wish me luck. It's going to the festival in three short hours!

And what kind of sick-o takes pictures of food with a backdrop? Me. Click on the recipe to see it all big. 

No comments: