Sunday, November 23, 2008

Funny Thoughts About Points

I've been on Weight Watchers for almost two months and I'm actually doing pretty decent. I'm down 13lbs since I started, but it's been a goofy couple of weeks and I've been mostly oblivious to my "points" intake. Sometimes I think I've eaten something horrible and starve all day thinking that I need to, and it turns out that it wasn't that bad. Sadly, that happens in reverse as well. But lately I've been avoiding the whole tracking of said points due to a thought that you should never have to count calories or points during any of the following:
  • a particularly stressful or bad day
  • a particularly happy celebratory day
  • a party
  • anything left on my kids plate
  • anything being licked from a bowl
  • anything on a holiday
  • anything eaten with friends.

I think that's fair. Still it's odd that I'm not losing faster. hmmm.

1 comment:

Emily said...

You crack me up! I totally agree with you on the reasons to NOT count points... I think we could get into trouble together between Target and food! ;)